Hello friends. My name is Pablo and I live in a small kneepit deep in the jungles of Chiapas. Here you I make the stories happy and sad and some other places inbetween. I hope you like! Welcome here in my kneepit!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Pablo Poem


Yes, I have started my big journey.
--
I am moving north, to the sea, where I dream my mamma is waiting for me with open arm and warm bosoms.
.

At night it very cold and lonely in the mountain.
.
This one night I come across a valley where the clouds they go to sleep. It look so peaceful out there, it make me want to jump into the soft whiteness and sleep with the dead souls who live in the sky.
.
This make me think of old Toltec poem song. Is about the world without Quetzalcoatl – the god of light. I hope you like.
.
...the book of souls has come to an end, alas, everything has reached its conclusion, no longer do I care to live here.
.
Who will take me? Who will go with me? I am ready to be taken, alas. All that was fresh, the perfume, my flowers, my songs, have gone along with them.
.
Great is my affliction, weighty is my burden; I write out a new song concerning it, that some time I may speak it there where I shall go, a song to be known when I shall leave the earth, that my soul shall live after I have gone from here, that my fame shall live fresh in memory.
.
I cried aloud, I looked about, I reflected how I might see the root of song, that I might plant it here on the earth, and that then it should make my soul to live. The sweet exhalations of the lovely flowers rose up uniting with our flowers; one hears them growing as my song buds forth, filled with my words our flowers stand upright in the waters.
.
But the flowers depart, their sweetness is divided and exhales, the fragrant poyomatl rains down its leaves where I, the poet, walk in sadness...
--
From Here Begin Songs For The Teponaztli
The Project Gutenberg EBook of Ancient Nahuatl Poetry, by Daniel G. Brinton
-
Don't forget come look about visit me my kneepit lands. Is many happy fun times!
.
Adios amigos!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Good luck on your journey, lovely illustration too.

Heartful said...

Don't be sad Pablo, you don't walk alone. Beautiful drawing!!