Hello friends. My name is Pablo and I live in a small kneepit deep in the jungles of Chiapas. Here you I make the stories happy and sad and some other places inbetween. I hope you like! Welcome here in my kneepit!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Spotted Jaguar in my Belly Button

Hello again.
In my kneepit jungle we have spotted jaguar. She the king here. She big boss here before hunters come and hunt her away.


One night I small bambino. I wake when I hear her enter my room. I look her eyes, she look at me. She scared because evil men come chase her. I say, quick, come hide with me, in my bed. She come to bed with small Pablo, and hide there with me. We curl up tight. She seem happy now, and soon I go sleep in her warm soft.

Next day I no longer see jaguar. Maybe she go away, I dunno. All Pablo know is Pablo hungry very much, stomach make big big noise like never before.

I tell my Mama what happen and she smile and she say now Jaguar live inside of Pablo, that she crawl inside Pablo through the belly button door when I sleeping. She look inside my button and sure enough she is finding some hair. "See this, this is hair of Jaguar, and when you find this mean Jaguar has come or gone".

Then she pass me extra big plate of mash potato. "Now I hear when she is roaring like this, means she need her potatoes. Eat well my son, for now you must be big and strong to keep the Jaguar alive inside of you".

Pablo happy. This mean Pablo can eat potato all the time!

Adios amigos.

Let me know if you are having similar adventures in your belly buttons OK? OK??

8 comments:

Heartful said...

A wonderful story Pablo, it has the makings of a fable! Sadly my own belly button has been quiet since I was a child.

Kim de Young said...

I like potatoes too, I hope that satisfies the jaguar in belly

The Unknown said...

I filled my belly button in with cement because I was told if you unscrew it your head will pop off???? Is this true.
love

Weichuen You said...

Oh Pablo, I love your mom's tale. She is such an imaginative and nice woman!

I like your language too. Your English has that childlike touch. So is your illo. They are really heart-warming! And I wouldn't be able to guess your real age!:-)

CRISTOSOVA said...

Many strange things going on in the Jungle, that´s for sure!
When I was in Chiapas once I burned my butt on an active horse - but nothing happened to my belly button. Perhaps I was saved by the Magicians in San Juan de Chamula?

Love your entry!

LDahl said...

I think I accidently let in a dragon... do they eat potatoes too?

Andrea said...

my belly button only has lint. ;(

Fossfor said...

What a beautiful story,i wish i had a jaguar inside me to give me courage like you!